Make a Wish!

Monday, April 2, 2012

Hopefully everyone had a fabulous weekend and April Fool's Day! I originally saw a birthday card by The Artistic Avenger and immediately knew I wanted to recreate it.  I love that it is gender neutral (even with a little bit of sparkle!). The only problem was that it was made with all Stampin' Up products. I had to substitute a few materials and use my gypsy to create it.
Still working on my picture taking - hence the 2 pictures!

How I made it:
* Card Base (brown) - 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" (scored at 4 1/4")
* Card Mat (green) - 5 3/8" x 4 1/8"
* Card Mat (blue) - 5 1/4" x 4"
* Pattern Mat - 5 1/8" x 3 7/8" - Target $ Spot
* Small Candle - Any Rectangle Cut - .75" x 2"
* Medium Candle - Any Rectangle Cut - .75" x 2.15" 
* Large Candle - Any Rectangle Cut - .75" x 2.30"
* Flame - Art Philosophy - 1"
* Offray 5/8" White & Red Ribbon
* Make a Wish Stamp - Joann Fabrics $1 Spot
* Momento Brown Ink
* The Paper Studio Gems
* All Other Paper and Cardstock is by The Paper Studio

I had to use my gypsy to size the candles and actually cut the rectangles. I think it turned out wonderfully and very similar, even though I didn't use the same supplies.  The colors could also be changed very easily if you wanted to change it up some. I'll be back in a few days with a super cute banner - so be sure to check back! *~*Thanks for stopping by*~*

1 sparkly comments:

Sherrie K. said...

Awesome job Tiffany! Love the design and the colors are perfect:)

Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Post a Comment